Pages

Monday 16 August 2010

A peaceful face, i can't forget


Just 2 days ago, 14th August, one of the most celebrated day i can remember in my life, today I, my family and we all Pakistanis are in sorrow, our hearts are tearing for those suffering from disastrous flood.

It was about 5 pm, just a couple of hours before the Iftar time when i was leaving from Edhi Welfare Center, AIO town Lahore. A car stopped by my bike, a gentleman came out from driving seat and rest of the car was full of Nestle 1.5 liter water bottles. 2 Edhi personals came to help him and they started to evacuate the car from water bottles. These bottles were for flood victims. My eyes were continuously gazing the peaceful face and so calm eyes of that gentleman. I can see the sensations of misery and help for those who were in trouble of flood. There was a passion in those eyes, passion of help, passion of brotherhood and passion of humanity in those eyes, one can clearly read.

All the time since that moment, i couldn't forget the passion and peace at that face. All the time I had been thinking and thinking, that if this is the passion of our whole nation, we can, no doubt, stand once again, as a brave, passionate and progressing nation. I, even, cant elaborate all those things i just read out from that face, but that was a face i can't forget.

A thing of Beauty is a joy forever. "John Keats"

2 comments:

Bashooo said...

Well described Naeem bhai.

Muhammd Naeem Sattar said...

Thanks brother!